Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you get the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From day 1, you will do meaningful work that you are passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone the opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a better financial future while building the future you want, here at Discover.
In the field of digital development, a software engineer is hired to make a significant contribution to the 3rd Party Products team. This group is responsible for providing the technical expertise to identify, integrate and customize vendor software for the most efficient and effective use to accelerate customer acquisition and enrich the customer experience across the web / mobile landscape.
Develops and maintains full-stack solutions to meet business needs. Full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front end (user interfaces), back end (APIs), database and devops development.
Works directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Innovates independently and advocates for best practices within the team, and works together across the enterprise.
Has a holistic view of all products and their interactions to design complex solutions and plan how new projects fit into the larger ecosystem. Solves complex technical problems. Guides team implementation of solutions from inception to production.
- Develops and maintains complex front ends with a focus on user experience
- Develops and maintains backend systems
- Uses holistic knowledge of all products within and adjacent to the team’s ecosystem to plan how new systems will be built and integrated; finds new ways to add value to the business through the use of technology
- Innovates and advocates for best practices and improved processes within the team and with internal partners; keeps abreast of technological trends and innovations; mentors team members
- Creates and maintains devops processes, application infrastructure and leverages cloud services (including database systems and models)
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity
This is at least what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- 8 years in computer science, information technology or equivalent experience
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years in computer science, information technology or equivalent experience
Technical experience / skills that will make you successful:
- Expertise in current digital marketing strategies such as personalization, cross channel marketing, data-driven experience optimization
- Experience evaluating and managing vendor software offerings such as Adobe Experience Cloud (Analytics, Experience Manager, Target)
- Modern web development frameworks (Angular, React, Foundation, Bootstrap, jQuery)
- Web browser and design for compatibility of different devices
- Java, J2EE, APIs, Microservices
- CI / CD with Jenkins or similar, Chef, Git / GitHub, Gradle, Nexus, SonarQube
- Cloud / PaaS Architectures: Cloud Foundry (PCF), AWS
- Container solutions: Docker, Kubernetes or Openshift
- Understanding of software development methodologies including Agile, Scrum and waterfall
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to identify and solve problems quickly and properly
- Strong oral, presentation and written communication skills
What are you waiting for? Sign up today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law)We thrive on diversity and inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruitment process and regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status in consideration for a career with Discover.
Read the full job description
More Tags We Love10 Best Car Insurance Companies In California Average Car Insurance Rates By Age And Gender Best Time To Get Quotes For Car Insurance Cheapest Car Insurance In Toronto Ontario Debt Consolidation Programs Reviews Get My Credit Scores Free How To Grow A Credit Repair Business Secured Credit Card Without Credit Check Top credit cards for no credit What credit card gives me the best rewards