Hair loss is sometimes a symptom of a bigger problem, such as poor hair health. For example, seborrhoeic dermatitis – a common skin condition that primarily affects your scalp – can lead to excessive itching that subsequently causes hair loss. A more holistic approach to hair health can therefore help to combat hair loss.
The patients were followed daily for itching, flaking, hair loss and the lesions were examined. Treatment was continued for four weeks.
Half of the patients were treated with the topical honey once a week and the other half served as controls.
All patients responded remarkably with the application of honey. The itching was relieved and the flaking disappeared within a week.
Skin lesions had healed and disappeared completely within two weeks.
“Minoxidil can also be used to treat female pattern baldness. Women should not take finasteride,” the NHS warns.
According to the health authority, minoxidil can also be used to treat female baldness, but women should not use finasteride.
Some wigs are available on the NHS, but you may have to pay unless you qualify for financial aid.
Other hair loss treatments include:
- Steroid injections – injections given into bald patches
- Steroid creams – cream applied to bald areas
- Immunotherapy – chemical applied to bald patches
- Light Treatment – Shines ultraviolet light on bald areas
- Tattoo – tattoo used to look like short hair and eyebrows
- Hair Transplant – Hair is removed from the back of the head and moved to thinning areas
- Scalp reduction surgery – parts of the scalp with hair are stretched and sewn together
- Artificial hair transplant – surgery to implant artificial hair.
More Tags We LoveBest Credit Cards Canada For Cash Back Credit Card Apply Low Cibil Score Esure Home Insurance Building Work Geico Auto Insurance Quotes Ky How To Get A Credit Card To Lower Your Interest Rate How To Get A Credit Card With No Credit Chase How To Get First Time Home Buyer Loan With Bad Credit Mortgage Pre Approval Online Or In Person What Are The Minimum Requirements For Car Insurance In California What Is The Consumer Credit Counseling Service Offers To